10/27/2015

Why look back when the future is yours

There was a point in my life where my relationship with God was stronger than ever. It was fresh, and new, I had great support and resources, and I stood strong in my faith.
 Then life happened, and the world slowly and unoticably shaped me into a different person; it dimmed my flame, weakened my faith and my sense of who I was in God blurred.
Since then, my relationship with God has been wavering, on and off, no where near as stable as it used to be.
 So ever since, I kept looking to the past, wishing I could change back to the way I used to be. I would fight with myself and push myself to be that person again, putting all my energy into becoming someone I used to be other than becoming more like God.
But recently, I finally realized that looking back was what was getting in the way of my growth. Looking back prevented me from moving forward.
 So now, im learning to let go of the past to focus on creating my new, better self, into someone who stands closer to God than ever.
Why look back when you can look forward to the future; something you still have the chance to mold and mend into your own liking.
 So I choose to focus on getting closer to God with every new day, and with each day I will be a step closer than I was before. There may be days where I might stay in place, because im not perfect, and growth isnt easy. But as long as day by day I put in all the effort I can to know God more, then looking back will no longer be neccesary.

Now not everyone may relate to this, but I just wanted to remind us all to take life by the day, God opens up to us in new ways every single moment of our lives, we just have to open our eyes and look. Lets not be stuck in the past or in one spot, because life moves forward, not backwards, and so should we. God can't change our past, but He sure can help us have a brighter future.